The PRC program was established in Ohio to help families overcome immediate barriers to achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency. The program provides benefits and services to families who are in need of help with essential support to become self-sufficient.
The PRC Program is designed to:
- Prevent families from having to apply for OWF cash assistance when a crisis arises;
- Help families retain employment by enhancing job skills , overcoming barriers and providing short-term assistance or wage supplementation if necessary.
- Provide for contingent needs by helping families with nonrecurring urgent problems that could, if left unattended, result in families needing long-term public assistance.
- Support families receiving OWF with services to enable them to become self-sufficient.
Examples of short-term assistance through PRC include:
- Shelter and utility assistance
- Transportation assistance
- Employment Related Supportive Services